1. Installation - Wall-mounted deployment
Installation Parameter Recommended
|Model||Distance between Human and Camera||Height||Elevation Angle|
|DS-2TD2636B-15/P||2.5 - 9 m (8 - 29 ft)||2.5 m (8 ft)||≤20°|
Camera Default IP Address is 192.168.1.64
Please note: the thermal element of the camera take an hour to settle and calibrate from a cold start. So please give it an hour to start reading accurate temperature from your target.
The installation height should be 2.5m and the distance between the camera and targets to measure should be 2.5m-9m, with the best performance around 4m-7m.
2. ivms4200 Client Configuration
Please Download Windows based Client if you haven't done so and unpack the contents and run installer as Admin. Make sure your user has Admin privileges on the machine.
1. Please run the installer file as administrator and agree to terms and click next.
2. For Temperature screening purposes we only require "Basic Configuration" and "Video" modules to be installed. So we can deselect everything else but it is not a necessary step.
3. Installation will take around 3 - 6 mins depending on your system performance.
Please note :- some antivirus programs might stall the installation hence you will have to turn them off or manually add an exception for this program.
4. Installation complete screen will look similar to this. You can choose to launch the client after it finishes.
5. It will prompt you if you want to enable Upgrade detection. It is recommended to disable this feature to prevent the software from unnecessarily upgrading to newer versions which might not be deemed stable in practical environments.
6. The client software will prompt you to create a user and password. You may choose to select "Auto-Login" so that you don't have to sign in when you restart the client.
8. This is your Client Screen.
On the top right you have your "Home" button "Highlighted Red". You can click on it anytime to see all your options.
"Main View" is where you can view the live feed of your camera.
"Event Center" is where you will view your real-time temperature alerts or search archived alerts from the past.
On the Right-Hand side is "Device Management" where we will activate and configure our Thermal Camera.
9. After you select Device Management it will open a new "Maintenance and Management" Tab.
In this section you are able to configure the Client software.
Please click on Online Device button to search for Camera on your network.
10. If your Camera is online it will show up in a window below as shown.
11. If you are using this camera for the first time, you will be prompted to activate it. So just select your Camera and press Activate button.
12. Activate dialog will ask you to set up a Camera password. In our case, we don't need to select "Enable Hik-Connect".
13. After the Camera is Activated, Please select it and click on the "Add" button.
14. It will open an Add dialogue box and prompt you to enter a camera name and enter credentials.
Please make sure you select "Synchronize Time" and "Import to Group" and click on Add button.
15. As shown, your camera will be shown in your device window with "Online" status.
16. To configure camera setting you have to click on "Gear Icon" under operations and select "Basic settings".
You might have to scroll your window to the right if it is not showing you the option.
17. After clicking on Basic settings following settings page will appear.
18. For the very first time you will need to install a plugin on your PC. If you go to "Body Thermography" and "Basic Settings" and "Body Thermography configuration" you can click on the link in the grey box and download the installer.
If it is showing you a video feed instead then you can skip step 18, 19 & 20.
19. Just click on Run and Install the plugin with default settings.
20. It might take a minute or so.
21. After you select Finish, it will start showing you a video instead in that settings window.
It might prompt you to allow the plugin to run when you are in the settings screen. Please just select "Allow for All Websites".
22. If you wish to make your Temperature text bigger, just go to Image then "VCA Rule Display" and change your font size.
23. "Camera 1" is your Video Feed from the device.
"Camera 2" is your Thermal Feed.
Please drag and drop them in the Main view window to start Watching Live.
24. If you have your Thermal threshold set in your camera settings the camera will show a pop-up window everytime it scans someone at or above that temperature limit.
To enable / disable this Pop-up please click on the Picture Icon on the Bottom Left Screen.
3. Camera Configuration
1. Log in to Camera's Web Page using Internet Explorer or via IVMS-4200 Client's setting menu. Select Body Thermography as VCA resource Type. If you are logging in for the first time then the camera will prompt you to download and install a web plugin.
Check Enable Face Detection and Display Temperature.Suggest uncheck Upload Captured Face Image and Display Face Temperature Position if its not a must.Set Alarm Temp. and Pre-alarm Temp.Press Draw Area to adjust face detection region.Click Max. Pupil Distance and Min. Pupil Distance to draw width filter frame, Max and Min distance refer to camera detection distance.
Uncheck Enable Blackbody Correction If no blackbody is used.Check Enable for Body Temperature Compensation and keep parameters as default
1. Set up a one-way screening zone, ensure that camera can see the face of body temperature measured person clearly.
2. Avoid backgrounds that are too crowded or bright.
3. Please wait 60 minutes after initializing the camera for it to be steady before you take measurements.
4. If there is a large difference between indoor and outdoor temperature, it is suggested to wait around 5 minutes before measuring the body temperature of people who just entered.
5. Follow the guidance of required temperature measurement distance and height.